Monday, April 4, 2011

Yucky Monday

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days.  We had a sudden trip out of town and we were going full throttle the entire weekend.  


We are expected to get very nasty tornado-ish weather later today and I really won't mind  as long as it waits until after I get Layla's walk in this afternoon and it washes the remaining pollen off of our vehicles. 


Weather like what's headed our way makes me want to curl up on the couch with a bowl of something hot.  So, tonight I have decided to make Creamy Taco Soup.  It makes a lot so Ben won't starve while I'm gone the rest of the week in the Windy City.


Creamy Taco Soup
1 lb. ground beef/turkey, whichever you prefer
1 small onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can, Rotel, partially drained
1 can, pinto beans, drained
1 lb. Velveeta, cut into cubes
2 Tbsp. Cumin
1 Tbsp. Chili powder
Salt & pepper to taste
1 c. heavy whipping cream
Tortilla chips


In a soup pot, cook your meat, onion, and garlic together until meat is browned.  Drain.  In the same pot, add Rotel, pinto beans, and velveeta.  Cook on medium heat, stirring quite often until velveeta is melted.  Add meat to the soup.  Next, add seasonings.  I'm not gonna lie, I have no idea if these are the exact measurements for the seasonings,  I don't use measurements when it comes to seasoning.  So I'd advise to add and taste until it has a tacoey taste.  30 minutes prior to serving, stir in whipping cream.  Heat thoroughly.  Serve over crushed tortilla chips.


And because a post isn't fun without some pictures, I'll share a few randoms


Getting a bath


Swinging on Nana's gate


Hat I wanted for Key West but thought it might be more appropriate for Asia

Hope y'all stay dry!

1 comment:

  1. Taco soup is my FAVORITE! Y'all enjoy and stay dry! It's yucky here, too!

    ReplyDelete