Monday, January 24, 2011

More S'mores PLEASE!!

So a few posts ago, I expressed my love for s'mores.  The love has grown. Or maybe I just never knew how perfect and delicious a s'more really was.  I mean seriously, my parents never took me camping so how could I have possibly known the greatness of a s'more? I have to be honest, this is completely ok because sleeping outside = bugs and if you know me well enough you have heard numerous stories of me running and screaming from the bed in the middle of the night thinking a roach, spider, ants, or even an aligator was joining me for zzz's.  Yes it's true.  Back to the s'mores.  I didn't experience my first s'more until I was a senior in high school when we had our Peer Counselors retreat at Lake Enid and that day the world changed for me.  Fast forward 8 years (YIKES!) and my love has been renewed.  I will thank Al Gore and "global warming" for the extra pounds I am sure I have gained due to the colder temperatures and the constant need for that gooey sandwich in between my fingers.

When I checked my inbox on Saturday, I had an email from my dear friend Megan.  She has had the experience of enjoying a s'more with me so she KNOWS.  You can imagine my reaction when I saw the subject line was "s'mores cookies."  What did this girl do?  Head straight to the grocery to pick up the ingredients, luckily for me all I needed was baking soda & 2 Hershey bars, SCORE!  Even after a 3 hour drive back to Birmingham and preparing a late dinner, I was determined to bake!  Best. Decision. Ever.

S'mores Cookies

3/4 cup butter, softened

1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
10 graham cracker squares, crushed into crumbs leaving some small pieces
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
2 milk chocolate bars, broken up

Preheat oven to 375 F. Cream together butter, white sugar and brown sugar. Beat until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat together. In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and graham cracker crumbs.
Gradually add dry mixture to butter mixture, beating until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.  Drop dough by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet. Bake for 7 minutes and quickly remove from oven. Quickly press 3 marshmallows and 1 chocolate bar piece into each cookie.  Return cookies to oven and bake for 4 additional minutes, or until done. Remove from oven and cool completely before removing from pan


Drooling yet??

Seriously, if Food Network ever asks me to be on "The Best Thing I Ever Ate," they're coming to my kitchen. This is it.


6 comments:

  1. Oh my word....these look DELICIOUS! I'll definitely be trying these!! Your blog is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first day of school has worn me out... I WILL be making these this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1- i love s'mores too- and these cookies look goooood!

    2- this is caylen (i wrote the blog about emily)- will you email me at caylenkyle(at)gmail(dot)com so i can send you her email address?? thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. better yet... here is emily's email for justin:

    emilykkyle(at)yahoo(dot)com

    thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole, I am so jealous of you just starting school haha

    ReplyDelete