Monday, January 30, 2012

Super Bowl Food

Hope everyone survived Monday!!  Can y'all believe that the super bowl is this weekend?  We are about to embark on a long 7 months with no football, do y'all think y'all can handle it?  We can get through it together!  Anyways, I have a goal to post easy and yummy recipes everyday this week that would be perfect for a super bowl Sunday.  I have personally taste-tested each and every one of these treats and they're all winners (no pun intended, ha).  I thought I would start off easy since its Monday and my brain is gone for the day.   Today's recipe is Spicy Pretzels.  Megan introduced me to these while we were living in Birmingham and they have pretty much been a staple at the Grove and at our get togethers ever since.  There's no cooking whatsoever and you probably have almost all the ingredients sitting in your pantry.  

Spicy Pretzels

1 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
1 tsp. lemon pepper
1 1/2 tsp. garlic salt (I just use garlic powder)
1 pkg. dry Ranch dressing mix
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 15 oz. pkg of pretzels (I like pretzel sticks)

In a small bowl, mix together cayenne pepper, lemon pepper, garlic powder, ranch dressing mix, and oil.  Place pretzels in a large, sealable plastic bag.  Pour in mixture from bowl and shake well.  Allow pretzels to marinate for at least 2 hours before serving giving the bag a good shake every once now and then.  

The original recipe calls for 3/4 cup of vegetable oil but I think they are much better with less oil and are far less sticky.  Also, this is a great recipe to throw together early in the week because the longer they sit the better all the flavors will be meshed together.  When I'd make these for the Grove, I'd always throw them together on Wednesday or Thursday so they'd be super marinated by Saturday and it's one less thing to do the day of.  

Until tomorrow!


3 comments: