Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cakes & Cocktails

Last week, Megan, Emily, and I participated in Cakes & Cocktails at our favorite cupcake bakery, Dreamcakes.  They seriously have the best cupcakes I have ever eaten.  My favorites from there are strawberry and caramel sea salt mocha.  Agghhh, my mouth is watering.  Anywho, about twice a month Dreamcakes has Cakes & Cocktails.  We have been trying since October to get on the list.  It's a pretty small place so there's only 10-12 seats available and after several months of trying we finally made the cut! It's the same concept as Sip n' StrokesYou bring a bottle of wine, or 2 they provide the cake and all the supplies and a professional baker teaches proper techniques for icing, piping, and decorating a cake. We had a ball and being able to eat the icing as we worked surely made it that much more fun.  I learned several techniques I had never heard that will help me if I decide to become a more frequent baker, hah.  Megan decorated hers with a house on it since they close on their first place next week!  It was adorable.  Emily and I didn't really have an occasion, so we stuck with girly polka dots and our initial.  Our final product certainly wouldn't make the display case at Dreamcakes but it was a fun experience and a treat out with the girls.  Have I mentioned how delicious the cake was?  Perfect & Moist.   I highly recommend anyone in the Birmingham area getting in a class!  Thanks, Dreamcakes.


Sorta blurry.  With our tasty creations.

Happy Tuesday Y'all!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! I'm going to have to look for fun events like this in my area.

    ReplyDelete