Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend in Oxford

Hope everyone is surviving the lovely Spring Forward.  I am loving the "longer" days but I am exhausted this morning, but I will put that to blame on my awesome weekend!

Late Friday afternoon, Megan, her mom, and I piled up in Megan's car  complete with Coke Icees and chex mix and headed over to the land of cotton.  It was a fun car ride and we introduced Mrs. Theresa to Ree Drummond aka The Pioneer Woman and now I'm pretty sure she's hooked. Once we arrived in Oxford, we picked up Denise, who graciously let us stay with her at her family's gorgeous weekend home, and we headed to Newk's for a yummy dinner. Have y'all ever had their Lobster Crab Bisque?  If you haven't I suggest  demand that you try it immediately. Oh, it's soooo tasty.  After dinner, the 3 of us headed to the Square to hit up the Burgundy Room.  We were quite surprised at how packed the Square was since it was the beginning for Spring Break.  We only stayed for about an hour but it was fun feeling like we were back in college for a little bit.  Also, I miss that place so much, where else can you get a beer for $2?

Saturday, we got an early start to the day so we could fit a lot of shopping in to the short amount of time we had before the shower.  We went to all of the best places in Oxford, Sugar Magnolia Antique Mall, My Favorite Shoes, and of course all the good shops on the Square.  We were all well-behaved.  Megan and I picked up Michael Oher's (The Blind Side) new book, I Beat the Odds and they were signed copies.  The book is about his hardships growing up in Memphis before the Tuohys came into his life.  Our husbands were so happy and surprised to get the books. After shopping, we headed to the shower.  We got there early and helped with some of the food preperation.  They had the yummiest veggie dip and I almost made myself sick because it was so good.  I requested the recipe and as soon as I get it I will share with y'all.  The shower was an entertainment shower and Amy & Jonathan got a lot of good stuff, mostly serving pieces.  It was a great turn-out and everyone enjoyed themselves.  It was fun getting to see folks I usually only get to see during football season.  We were heading back to Birmingham after the shower and on our way out of town we stopped and took a quick tour of Alison's beautiful new home.

I have totally forgot to mention that while the ladies were enjoying the beautiful Saturday in Oxford, all 4 of our sweet husbands were helping get Patrick and Megan moved into their new home.  I thought Megan was crazy brave for letting 6 men move her stuff without her being there to supervise.  We got back to Birmingham late Saturday night and the guys were relaxing with ice cold Bud Lights. 

Sunday, we got to meet up with Ben's oldest sister Natalie, her 2 boys, and Ben's mom for lunch.  They were driving from Memphis to Ben's parents house in Georgia for the week.  It was great to see them, even if it was for a short time.  We got our groceries for the week and then got a treat from Sonic. Chocolate milkshake for me and a vanilla Coke for the mister.  We then rolled the windows down and drove around one of the beautiful neighborhoods in town.  We hung out with Patrick & Megan last night, helping them unpack and cooked them a yummy jambalya for dinner. 

I apologize for the lack of pictures. I was too busy enjoying myself to stop and capture it.  Hope y'all had a great weekend & here's to a wonderful week full of sunshine!

Happy Monday Y'all!

4 comments:

  1. I probably passed you on Saturday and didn't even know it! :) It sounds like your Oxford weekend was perfect! And good grief, that soup is to die for! I only go to Newk's on the days they serve it! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This weekend was so fun! I'm glad I got to hang out with you at the shower. Can't wait for football season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet we did Nicole! How funny.

    I had a blast with you too Blair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend! Glad I got to see you!

    ReplyDelete