Monday, May 3, 2010

White Coat

The past week and a half has been crazy busy and fun, needless to say no time for blogging. A lot has happened since my last post.

White Coat Ceremony. I had a fabulous weekend spent with people I love. Friday night we had a bbq at our house featuring hamburgers, hot dogs, chocolate pound cake and tater salad. The ceremony was held Saturday on the campus of USM. It was fun to meet everyone's families and the presentation was serious but down to earth. Our faculty did a great job putting the event together. We went to a Louisiana-style joint downtown, Brownstone's for dinner and my Mom surprised me with a yummy ice cream cake. My sweet family gave me several happies, and my parents gave me a Pandora charm bracelet. It was a total surprise and my Mom picked out really sweet charms to adorn it. I feel so blessed to have such a loving and supportive family that helped me get this far in school.

Ashley, Me, and Carrie waiting for start of the ceremony

Heather, Kinsley, and me!


Mr. & Mrs.

Birmingham Bound!


White-Coated



Taking the Audiology Oath




Class of 2011




With my "White Coat Barbie" ice cream cake..YUM YUM!!


House. Almost. Sold. 9 days after putting our house on the market, we had 2 offers! After several counters, one was accepted. We are just waiting on the termite inspection to finalize the deal. Cross your fingers and toes and say a prayer that everything goes as planned.

Home Sweet Birmingham. We traveled next door to Alabama this weekend to spend the weekend with some of our good friends, Patrick and Megan, and to find a place to move too in 2 weeks. After checking out a couple of places out and becoming extremely frustrated, we decided to check out where Patrick & Megan live. Umm why didn't we think of this before? It was perfect. It's in a great location, has a fabulous floorplan, and doesn't discriminate against our two 4-legged children. We spent the rest of the weekend with Pat & Meg browsing the shops in Homewood, savoring a mint julep for the Derby and watching Ole Miss sweep State. Can't wait to be neighbors with those two!
Beach trip in 2007 with Patrick & Megan

We only have 11 days left in Hattiesburg. It is exciting and bittersweet all at the same time. I am looking forward to living in Birmingham with everything it has to offer and the beauty of the hills. I'm also looking forward to starting my externship in a wonderful clinic where I will see many interesting cases. However, I am a little sad to leave the little house that I have lived the longest since I moved out of my parents for college. It is where Ben and I have spent the first year and a half of our marriage. This has been my first "adult" home and I am sad to leave it. I never thought the time would fly by this fast. Enough of the saddness, I am grateful and happy for the time spent here and the memories made.
Happy Monday Y'all!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the white coat! I am so jealous that you are going to be neighbors with the Werners...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Thanks for sharing this valuable information with us. I will come back to your site and keep sharing this information with us.Survey For Customers

    ReplyDelete